December 26, 2018 Posted By Matt O'Brien
TALK TO US, Call Us NOW!
We are available 24/7!!
Are you having problems in unclogging pipes? Stop worrying now because I will reveal the 10 really simple ways to unclog ditch and drains this 2019.
1. Boiling Water. This is deemed to be the easiest method of cleaning the drains. Slowly pour boiling water onto the clogged drain in 3 stages (wait for a few seconds in each interval).
2. Bent Wire Hanger. Straighten a wire coat hanger and bend the other side to create a hook. Insert the hook into the drain and push accordingly to remove the blockade.
3. Vinegar and Baking Soda. Mix 1/3 cup of vinegar with 1/3 cup of baking soda. When the mixture fizzes, immediately poured it to the clogged drain. Let the mixture sits for at least one hour before flushing it with hot water.
4. Wet and Dry Vacuum. You are lucky if you have a wet and dry vacuum at home because it is an effective drain cleaner as well. First thing, tightly seal the drain and cover the vent to prevent mess. Then, switch the vacuum cleaner to its liquid cleaner state. Set the vacuum cleaner to its highest pressure and place it onto the drain.
5. Caustic Soda. Mix 3/4 gallon of cold water with 3 cups of caustic soda. Then, stir well using a wooden spoon. Once it heats and fizzes, pour it immediately to the clogged ditch. Allow the mixture to sits for 30 minutes and then flush with boiling water. Just take extra precaution in using caustic soda (Sodium Hydroxide) since it can cause a severe burn.
6. Manual Cleaning. You can manually clean the pipe if you have enough time. First, put an empty bucket under the pipe to catch the water spills. Use a plumber’s wrench to loosen the pipe’s slip nuts and then remove the gunk deposit using your bare hands.
7. Baking Soda and Salt. Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 1/2 cup of table salt and pour the mixture to the clogged drain. Leave the mixture for at least 10 minutes and then flush the sink with boiling water.
8. Detergent. You can also use dish detergent to unclogged drains. Just pour 1/4 cup of dish detergent to the drain and then slowly pour hot water. As the hot water penetrates the drain, it will loosen the stubborn dirt. Finish the job using a plunger.
9. Gravity, Vinegar, Baking Soda, and Pressure. If your bath drain is clogged, you can easily unclog it using vinegar and baking soda. Just put the mixture (as stated in tip 3) directly onto the drain and put the stopper. Wait for at least 45 minutes and fill the bathtub with water (around 40-60 gallons). Then, remove the stopper and let the water pressure removes the gunk that has been loosened by vinegar and baking soda.
10. Drain Snake. If you want to use technology, then you can try the drain snake (also called drain auger) in unclogging your pipes. The drain snake is a spirally coiled snake tool that’s about 1/4 inch thick. You just have to push the snake towards the drain and its plunger like end will do the job of removing the blockade.
Those are the 10 simple tips that you can try to unclog your drain.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know by leaving a comment below.